Data conversion services are a set of all data management services like manual data entry, Ocr-scanning, form processing, image editing if needed and conversion of data from any format to client requirement format.
There are two types of data conversion; one is manual and another is electronic.
Manual: Reentering the data in a new system is a requirement of manual conversion. Manual data conversion is suitable for the situation when the data is in a small number.
Electronic: In electronic conversions, the database is converted automatically using up-to-date technologies and utilities. This method of data conversion is appropriate for huge numbers of data.
What Are The Steps Of Data Conversion?
When data is converted from one format to another, it is said to be converted. It involves examining encoded data. Following this, data conversion services undertake a variety of tasks such as importing, loading, cleaning, uploading, validating, and exporting all of the data.
The Data conversion process needs to be done in a few steps such as…
- Usually, a process begins with the Scanning of pages if the client had sent the hard copy
- It follows with OCR (optical character recognition)
- Photo Scanning and image editing if needed
- Entering Caption and Cross-Links in the document
- Finalizing Conversion to check quality control with the client requirement and recommendation
What Are The Benefits Of Outsourcing Data conversion?
Businesses at all levels outsource data conversion as a means to reduce costs and simplify organizational structures. It is important to note, though, that outsourcing offers more than these two benefits. The outsourcing partner acts as an extension of your company. They are able to provide better expertise and robust support that accelerates the success of your business.
The essential benefits of data conversion include:
- Savings of up to 60% during the data conversion process
- Without requiring any capital investment, the resources are at hand
- Costs associated with employees are zero
- A consistent workflow and quick turnaround time
- Optimum utilization of resources through additional manpower support at a minimal cost
- As a result of freedom from supervisory functions, core business activities can be more focused
- A skilled outsourcing partner is backed by trained personnel and regular training
- Providing you with the latest technology and tools for free
What Are The Difference Between Data Digitalization And Data Conversion
Understanding the differences between these two methods is becoming highly significant as the digital transformation gathers traction and firms turn to digital solutions to improve visibility and eliminate inefficiencies.
|Data Conversion||Data Digitalization|
|Definition: The data conversion services encompass all data management tasks like manual data entry, OCR scanning, form processing, image editing if required, and converting data from any format to the format required by the client.||Definition: Data Digitalization is basically embracing digital technologies to alter business processes so that companies can gain more efficiencies and enrich revenue.|
|Examples:Creating a digital file by scanning a photograph.A physical sound or a presentation/call that is converted into a digital file.Converting paper reports into PDFs.Paper checklists converted to digital checklists.||Examples: Analyzing the data that are collected through internet-connected devices to discover the latest revenue streams.Transforming your reporting process with digital technology, gathering data and evaluating it in real-time, and leveraging insights to avoid risks and improve proficiency on future projects.|
What Are The Data Conversion Services Provided By Us?
When outsourcing data conversion to an organization, you need to be sure that they have a comprehensive understanding of the source and destination formats. Our team at eData India is experienced in managing a wide range of file formats. We offer the following data conversion services:
- PDF Conversion
- Paper to Searchable PDF
- Image to MS-Word
- PDF to Doc conversion
- HTML Conversion
- XML Conversion
- Paper to eBook Conversion
- ASCII Data Conversion
- Electronic Recognition – OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- PDF file into word format, excel worksheet etc.
A brief introduction of data conversion is discussed along with the data conversion steps and their benefits as well as data conversion services provided by eData India.
To clear the confusion between data conversion and data digitization, a brief part is explained with examples. For detailed information on services and other information visit this page. We are available for calls and emails as well.