5 Stages of Data Processing Cycle
In this article, we are going to talk about how data is important for an organization and which data is important and also, why data is important?
It starts with the process of data management; you need to maintain and manage the data in terms of using it accurately and meaningfully. Before this, your data must go through the process of data mining to collect all the useful data. Though there are various techniques but you must follow the cycle, which starts from the very basic understanding of processing data.
What is Data Processing?
Data processing is a very simple task of making the raw data into a meaningful one through a process. Data is technically exploited to generate results that lead to a solution of a problem or improve the current status. As simple as a production process, here also, raw data is fed to computer systems and software to generate the final output which is information. The useful insights or the information are presented into the forms of diagrams, chart, graph, etc.
What are the Stages of Data Processing Cycle?
- Collection– The first step of the cycle is collecting the data that is very important because the quality of data collected will affect the overall output at last. The collected data must be ensured that it should be both accurate and meaningful. This step provides the baseline to improve what has been targeted.
- Preparation- It is basically the exploitation of the data into a form suitable for further analysis and processing. Raw data just cannot be used directly instead it needs to be verified and checked. The preparation is about building all new data set from all the data sources that have to be used for further processing. The low quality of data can produce the misleading results.
- Input– This step is defined as the task of coding and converting the verified data into the machine-readable form so that it can be processed through software or an application. The data entry process is time-consuming and thus, the speed and accuracy is the must.
- Processing– It is the stage where the data is subjected to multiple means and methods of technical exploitations using artificial intelligence algorithms to produce an idea of the data. The process may be build up of multiple connections of execution that relatively executes instructions, depending upon the type of the data.
- Output– It is also said as interpretation, which is the step where refined information is transmitted and displayed to the user finally. The output is presented to the users in multiple report forms such as audio, video, graphical or document viewers.