Nowadays a number of eCommerce websites have sprung up. However, what makes an online store different and better from others is how customer friendly it is. As such, providing a unique, accurate and informative product description is more of a necessity than choice. It is true that writing a product description is a daunting task. However, since you want consumers to buy your product, you have to actually sell its benefits.
Here is why product description is important for any online store:
- It helps customers make an informed decision: A good product description anticipates and answers all the question a customer can have. A good product description is your virtual salesperson. It provides all the information that is needed to answer the questions of the user. It lets the customer know about the important features of the product and how it can help the customer. A good product description is not only informative; it also helps in raising the interest level of the buyer.
- It helps you get more customers: If you do not provide the basic information about the product you are selling on your online store, you are basically asking your potential customers to go and search for other stores where they can get the sense of what the product is all about. As long as you are spending time and efforts to create a more meaningful experience for your customers, they will not have to look somewhere else.
- It helps you get the trust of your customers: As you provide original and informative product description, the customers feels appreciative of the efforts you are putting for saving their time, understanding their needs and guiding them to make the right decision.
Now that you understand the importance of well written product descriptions for your eCommerce website, the next questions is whether you should create an in-house team or outsource them to copy-writing agencies. Most eCommerce companies today believe in outsourcing their content requirement, and for good reasons. Here is why you should outsource product descriptions.
- The first and foremost reason is the cost-effectiveness. Hiring an in-house team involves higher cost in terms of staffing and training etc.
- The outsourcing of product description frees up your in house team. It allows you to focus on your core business, while letting the copywriting agencies do what they best do.
Writing product descriptions require skills and experience. The copywriting agencies have a ready team of highly skilled people.